mental health coaching
Having a mental health coach is like having a personal coach for your mental health and support in your corner. This is for times when you are out of touch with your wellbeing, struggling with stress, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, panic attacks, overwhelm and more.
We all can use a little extra support from time to time. Whether that's to overcome obstacles in our way, help us deal with a temporary change in life, or to learn more about ourselves and how we as human beings' work. When you decide to work with me, you're making a positive step toward getting where you want to go and live a peaceful life filled with wellbeing and getting a handle on your mental health once and for all.
Before we dive in, I would like to make a clear distinction.
Although we have similar training, mental health coaching is not the same as what you may have experienced working with psychologists, and I don't take the "one size fits all" approach. It is easy to confuse a mental health coach with other mental health professionals. The way I see it, a mental health coach works on your current reality and lay a foundation for your future. Other mental health professionals often focus on your past to deal with your current problems and issues. I generally draw from your experiences, your history, thought patterns, emotional and behaviour traits, family history and your understanding of how experience is created and how the psychological system works. This forms the basis to identify premises and the foundation of my work to gently guide you back to find your peace and wellbeing. Unlike psychologists, one would not need a doctor's referral to see me. This makes it easier for individuals to engage me and get help immediately and when required, with no long waiting times, confusing referral process. Through my lived experiences, I have lived a life of intrusive thoughts, panic attacks and anxiety. As a result, I have a unique understanding of overcoming these challenges - insights that only come from having a lived experience and deep grounding.
As a mental health coach, I have done significant work with eating disorders, depression, OCD, anxiety, overwhelm and more. In my work with you, I can help with several aspects of your recovery journey.
• A safe space to talk with someone who truly understands what you are going through
• Principles-based coaching to spearhead your recovery journey
• Realistic and achievable goal setting that will have a positive impact on your recovery
• A sense of hope from someone who understands what you are going through, to help you on your most challenging days when it all feels like too much
• Guidance on the best strategies for success in your journey to a life that is no longer dominated by mental illness
Whether it is a simple conversation online or in person, I always work within a set of values that are important to me and will guide the work that I do:
• Listening to and respecting my client's wishes
• Providing a reliable professional and ethical service
• Personalising my services to each individual's needs
• Following best practices to optimise individual outcomes
• Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of my clients at all times
Sessions are available for both online and in-person peer support in the Melbourne area.
For a free initial chat or more information, don't hesitate to contact me to arrange a time.